Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Summer Makeup Review.


Now as summer is almost over, I'd like to share my favourite summer make-up products.
Here they are above, all being used and loved by me.
Abd below there'll be a little review about each of them!

1. Dr. Jart BB Cream.
First of all, I am not a fan of BB creams, of all that craze going on around them. I find them too thick, too heavy, pore clogging and emphasizing all the skin's imperfections, like pores and dryness. But the only thing worse that using a BB cream in summer is layering make-up over sunscreen. So a BB cream is my choice for summer when I know I will be spending a lot of time under the sun. This one from Dr.Jart has an SPF of 35 and a shade perfectly matching my skin tone.




2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Make-up in 1W2 Linen 14.

This one is my favourite face make-up for summer. I definitely prefer a powder formula for thе hot time of the year because any liquid make-up that works great for winter, doesnt't stay on my face in summer. I guess I have combination skin, oily when it is hot and dry when it is cold. This powder from Estee Lauder is amazing: it keeps my skin matte, doesn't emphasize my pores or dryness, and it has perfect coverage for a powder.




3. Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Sexy Black Mascara.

For a long time Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara had been my favourite. I re-purchased it again and again and wasn't planning to change anything about it. But the last one I bought was a total dissapointment, so I needed a change. I came across this Helena Rubinstein Mascara in aduty free store in Frankfurt and, remembering one amazing powder of this brand that I had when I was 14, I just bought it. It turned out to be amazing, it gives you voluminous long black eyelashes without any effort. What more could you ask from a mascara?





4. Clinique All About Shadow Quad in 04 "On Safari".

This one ia a great product from Clinique. First of all, the color pallette is perfect for summer. Second, the quality: I've been using it for the whole summer, and still a lot is left! And, finally, it stays on all day long, doesn't fall or smudge.



5. STILA Stay All Day Waterproof Eyebrow Color in Dark.

I have to admit: this is my first ever eybrow color product! I've just never thought I need one, as my eyebrows are thick and dark on their own. But they do have sparse areas, and after looking at many pictures of make-up that I like, I decided my eyebrows do need a little definition. I went to Sephora when I was in the US, and I looked at and tested a few eyebrow pencils. This one from STILA looked the closest in color I needed and the easiest to use, and it also was waterfproof which is a very important feature for a beginner like me - I might still forget my eyebrows are colored and just rub them accidentally.
Ok, the color doesn't match my eyebrows 100%, but in all the other ways this product is perfect, and the result it gives me is perfect as well: defined but naturallly looking eyebrows.



6. Clinique Long Last Lipstick in 29 Heather Moon.

I think it is pretty obvious from the amount of it left (see picture), that I LOVE this one. The color of this lipstick is simply perfect: very natural, slightly darker than my natural lip color, very defining but not bright at all. The shade is something between purple-pink-brown. Even though the formula is slighly drying, the shade of the lipstick totally makes up for it. Will definitely buy it again!





7. Maybelline The Elixir Color Sensational in 025 Mauve mystique.

I love Maybelline lip products, if only they didn't discontinue them so quickly! This lipgloss has amazing color and shine, the only problem is that the shine dissapears very quickly, so it needs to be reapplied frequently.



 8. ORLY Nail Color in Country Club Khaki.

This is my currently favourite nail polish for hands. I don't like bright or dark colors on my hands in summer, I prefer nudes and neutrals. This Orly nail color is perfect: it is neutral, but the color is quite complicated enough and not boring.



9. Golden Rose nail polish in 222.

This is my favourite color for summer pedicure - an amazing turquoise color. For some reason it suits any outfit and any pair of sandals! Contrary to my manicure, I like my pedicure to bright and bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment